9/8/09

Review of Fearless by Max Lucado

We live in a world where fear seems to always be right around the corner. What if I lose my job? Are the kids safe? Will I have put enough money away to retire? Wouldn’t it be great to live in such a way that fear didn’t run our lives. How do we learn to trust more and fear less…that is the topic of Max Lucado’s new book FEARLESS. Max shares with us that thru embracing the truths of Jesus’ teaching we can learn to fear less in this world and be people of courage.

I loved this book. It spoke to my heart in areas like the fear of not having enough, the fear of not pleasing God, the constant fear that I don't measure up to other people or the fear that maybe I really don’t matter. This book was truly a refreshing source of truth in an area that I would not have thought I was even in need of encouragement. But isn’t that life…we get so caught up in living day to day that we don’t even realize that fear has taken hold of us and is robbing us of the peace and joy that Jesus intended for us to experience.

I completely recommend this book. I don’t know too many people who couldn’t use the encouraging reminder that Jesus tells us over and over again…”Don’t be afraid. I am here.”


1 comment:

Danielle said...

Awesome. I could definitely use the reminder because I tend to constantly have something I'm afraid of. Gee, imagine that. LOL