9/2/09

Rest in the Arms!

Have you ever had a restless day? The kind where you don't quite feel right. Not that anything is really wrong, but things just feel unsettled. You've tried to turn the other cheek and forgive, but keep getting slapped. Maybe little things just haven't been going right and it's all built up. Or you are working hard trying to do the right things and are just getting tired. Well if you can relate to any of that...I hear ya. I'm having one of those kind of days. Actually it's been one of those kind weeks or months or something, but whose counting...


Today I woke up and just laid in bed talking to the Lord for a long time. I didn't know I had so much to say. Then I came to work and clicked on iTunes and heard a song God had picked out for me today. I hope my secretary doesn't get sick of it as it is playing over and over this morning. It spoke to me even though I still feel "not quite right". At the end of the song the words say "Have no fear, I'll be here". What an amazing concept. No matter what, no matter how unsettled, no matter how tired...the words of our Savior are simply "I'm here". I can get through any day knowing that.


I was going to put a video of the song here, but have not been able to get it to work so I will just write down the lyrics. It's called Rest in the Arms and it is on the new Aaron Shust cd. You can hear in on www.youtube.com or Aaron's website www.aaronshust.com

When you're broken, when you're weak
When you've turned the other cheek
When you cannot speak
Of the bittersweet, the bittersweetness
When the floor gives out beneath
Any everything that you believe
Cannot bring you peace
You're broken inside, broken in pieces
You can rest in the arms of the One who holds you
Rest in the arms of the One who knows you
Rest in the arms of the One who won't let go
You can rest in the arms of the One who holds you
Rest in the arms of the One who loves you
Rest in the arms of the One who won't let go.
When the water starts to rise
And you've lost the will to fight
When you're losing light
Just close your eyes, close your eyes now.
Have no fear
I'll be here




2 comments:

LLJ said...

Thanks for sharing this Ann. I pray that God will overwhelm you with the filling of his presence in you and push all the fear and yucky stuff out! Love ya!
Leanne

Danielle said...

Oh, my Ann. I'm sorry you're feeling this way, but I'm glad God spoke to you in a special way to help you through. I'm pretty sure that hanging out with me would help too, so I think you should think about doing that very soon. ;-) I love you!