7/19/12

Wednesday

Wednesday July 18th

        No hablo espanol, lo siento... :( That's what I tell children when I have absolutely no idea what they're trying to say to me.  But the fact that they even try in the first place is always a blessing.  After our long day yesterday, we got to "sleep in" (Which I mean.. If you call getting up at 7:30 sleeping in...) we went and had breakfast at the church.  After that, we had a team meeting, because we skipped it the night before.  Then we were split up into groups to do more work projects around the church.  I worked with Maddie, Mike, and Jordan painting stair walls and around the bathrooms.  Unfortunately... Maddie and I were trying to be extra helpful, and offered to do touchups inside that bathroom too... but it turns out we used the wrong color and now there are vibrant little blobs throughout the ladies room.  Whoopsies.
        Right after that, we had lunch, which was soo good... probably because in my mind the words "bacon" and "spaghetti" never went together... but now that I've tried it, I feel like they should always be required to go together.  From there, we went back to our hotel and relaxed for a couple hours.  Half of the group stayed back to make pancakes for later while the other half of us went out and prayed with some people.  It was a good experience, and seeing one woman cry after we prayed for her really proved how powerful a thing like that can be.
        When we got back from praying we immediately left again to go to another town.  This town happened to be where Carmelo's family lived and Maddie, Pato and I were the lucky group that got to go around with him to invite people to our dramas and other activities.  It was fun because he took us to his house and introduced us to his family.  They were very kind and offered us ice water (probably the coldest water I've been able to have through this whole trip) and star fruit! That was Maddie and I's first time trying it and it's soo good, we both loved it(:  Upon returning to the plaza, where we set up for our activities, we were all rushed on stage to do the Cupid Shuffle for all the kids.  It was a lot of fun, although I'm pretty sure they didn't understand what we were doing.  After that the interns did their drama, and Jordan shared his testimony.  Then our drama went, and it was the first time Vicky had ever done it; she was scared, but she did a good job!  Then we did a craft and gave all the children pancakes.  The kids loved it!  I also want to mention,      the seed that was planted by Jonah and Jordan, as they led a little boy to Christ today(:  Please continue to keep us in prayer, we have only one day left of work and service before our free day!

Muchas gracias,
  Emily

No comments: