11/22/11

Monvee!

Well what a shock to take a look at my blog and realize that it has been an entire year since I last wrote on here. I could not believe that it has been that long. Obviously I am in need of some new motivation to get on here and share some thoughts.

In fact, I am in need of motivation to do lots of things so I am making some changes. One of those is that I am headed back into the gym to get back in shape. I decided not to wait until New Years to make a change so this morning at 5:30am I was up and working out. Yes...I do know that is very early and yet once I got there I felt pretty good.

Another area that I am working on is a more consistent devotional and prayer life. Sometimes working in ministry makes it almost harder to want to be consistent in spending time with the Lord personally. I find myself viewing the Bible as part of work rather than as a letter from God to me so I knew I needed to make some changes in that area of my life as well.

So today I started working with a program called Monvee. It is a tool to help customize a devotional plan for 60 days that fits your own personal learning and creative style so that you are more motivated to be in the word. We are not all created the same and what speaks to me, might not mean anything to you so they help you develop a plan for spiritual growth.

For me, one of the things they suggested was that I blog. So here I am, back on my blog and in the coming days you can expect to find me posting new things I am learning as well as how this new tool is working for me in the area of motivation and creative ideas to help me in my spiritual walk.

So until later...

2 comments:

Jacki B said...

We're here to cheer you on your new path! Thanks for sharing it with us. Definitely a motivator to examine my own life

Kaye said...

You go, girl. I'm impressed & inspired by your plan. I look forward to seeing the next steps!

I've been making some "adjustments" in my schedule as well. I am taking your post as encouragement to keep on keeping on - in the adjusting as well as in the actual doing - in the follow-through.